Education ICT Consultant – Mat Smith
Based in London and working throughout the South-East, Mat Smith is a freelance Education ICT Consultant who has worked for 14 years in the IT Services and Support industry, both full-time and contracting. Mat has provided IT technical support to employers and clients in the following sectors: investment banking IT, private and state education ICT, small and medium business, and retail.
Mat’s business, “School Computer Geek” specialises in providing ICT advice and technical support to primary and secondary schools.
Here are some of the types of work carried out:
- Project work, such as network and server upgrades or installations
- Regular IT Support for schools
- Onsite & remote technical support for schools
- IT recruitment and management advice for schools, including succession planning and temporary cover for ICT support
- ICT Strategy advice, such as attending governor meetings and helping schools to formulate long-term strategic goals
- Assistance to schools in the ICT procurement & tender process
- One-off visits, to assess your current ICT provision and provide a detailed written report
- Advice on data security and best practice for schools
- Advice on e-safety & social networking
Credentials aren’t everything, but Mat has eight years’ experience in School ICT Support and Management at high-achieving secondary state grammar schools, and a further five years as an independent school ICT consultant. Mat works with a streamlined team of technical specialists with expertise in network and server installation, data cabling, support services management, and education ICT recruitment.
Mat is a professional member of the BCS (MBCS), the UK’s leading body for IT professionals.
Mat specialises in improving access to ICT in schools.